Sunday 21 February 2010

The Lovely Bones


I went to see The Lovely Bones at the AMC cinema last night. Me and my flatmates decided to go to the late showing of 11:40pm. That's one thing to tick off my 'Things to do before I Die' list. It was really weird walking to the cinema when people were on their night out dressed in the skimpiest of clothing.

I read the novel The Lovely Bones about five years ago, so I'd pretty much forgotten most of the storyline apart from the main bits that were shown in the trailer. And I probably won't be able to tell you how true to the book it is because it's been so long since I've read it.



But overall it was pretty disappointing. It hasn't got great reviews and a few people told me not to go see it, but I wanted to try it for myself. As stubborn as I am.

There was nothing amazing about it and the story just plodded along to its finish. The scenes in Susie's 'inbetween place' had really stunning computer graphics but its context had no real insight into death and the afterlife. It just didn't say much. The actor who plays Mr Harvey did a great job though; I was thoroughly creeped out many times. The cinematography of it was also lovely, it had a nice retro feel with all of the yellow hues and 70s fashion. There were a few tense moments which grabbed my attention but other than that I found my mind wandering.

2 stars out of 5

Also, the screen that we were sat in was absolutely freezing! We were all sat wrapped in our coats and scarves along with the rest of the people in there. I'm going to write a very strong worded email and hopefully get some free cinema tickets! I love complaining and getting free stuff :)

2 comments

  1. Aww I'm sad to hear that! I was looking forward to it, but I'm stubborn as well so I probably will go and see it :P

    Serina

    http://spellgabbanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, I HATE cold cinemas! I always take so many layers as it's either freezing cold or boiling hot!

    I loved this book so much and was disappointed to read the reviews. I still want to see it, but I'll go with low expectations!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Latest Instagrams

© The Stones Inside My Shoes | A UK Lifestyle Blog. Design by FCD.