Thursday 24 January 2013

SoLIta Restaurant Review

Me and my boyfriend have an expensive habit of dining out a lot. On the never ending quest for the perfect burger we chose to see what SoLIta in the Northern Quarter had to offer in the meat stakes (steaks?). Similar to Almost Famous, it's Twitter feed boasts pictures of moutwatering juicy burgers and handcooked fries, but minus the cocktails served in jars.



The actual venue seemed to be an odd mix of posh-hipster - cloth napkins and polished cutlery next to filthy burgers and a placemat paper menu. The room also felt a bit small, but apparently there's a larger bar downstairs.



To start we shared a pulled pork sundae which came in a sundae glass with a splodge of mashed potato on top. No complaints there.

For mains Courtney went for the Big Manc special, whilst I chose the Catalan burger. The Big Manc being an uber pimped up Big Mac of course.

I was slightly disappointed by my choice of burger though. I was expecting something really tasty as it contained grilled chorizo and red peppers, but it was a bit nothingy. Just a standard burger. Courtney's Big Manc however was pretty kick ass, and tasted just like how you wish a real Big Mac would. Apparently McDonald's secret sauce isn't so secret, and it was recreated perfectly here, if not better!


The fries that came alongside the burgers were hand cooked and really nice, light and crispy, and the tomato ketchup definitely tasted homemade. Service was also pretty good and we didn't have too long to wait for our food.

Courtney finished things off with another special from the board - peanut butter brownie with Oreo icecream. I'm not a fan of peanut butter, but I had some of the Oreo icecream and it tasted amazing.



Overall it was a pretty good dining experience, but I felt like the whole vibe of the place is a bit confused. It seems like a place for those who want to try American diner food but don't want to get their hands dirty. And you definitely pay for that privilege.

Pay SoLIta a visit, but make sure that it's after pay day (or on a Monday when they various deals on).

6 comments

  1. "meat stakes (steaks?)" - This probably shouldn't have made me laugh as much as it did....

    Sounds like an alright place to eat, surprised they managed to mess up making grilled chorizo and red peppers taste fantastic in a burger though. It's almost a default easy addition that adds tons of flavour when you do homemade ones.

    From the shot of the menu prices don't seem too bad, what's your verdict on value for money?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, also, you have officially made my plan to start reviewing eateries I visit on my blog seem like a stolen idea now Thanks ;P

      Delete
    2. Ha, I was hoping someone would laugh at that! Yeah I was so gutted, I was expecting something amazing but it was just a bit meh.

      Hmm you do get some pretty good meat, but I wouldn't make it a regular habit. Courtney's burger was just under £15 as it has two patties in it.

      Haha, go ahead, I hardly invented the idea! x

      Delete
  2. From what I can see prices don't look too bad, but really, there is nothing better than getting your hands down and dirty with good American food! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah the place looks like a great time! Pulled pork sundae sounds super interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this place looks and sounds amazing! I love a place that does really good burgers, as I'm quite fuzzy with them... don't want no horse in them :D Thanks for the review x

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!

Latest Instagrams

© The Stones Inside My Shoes | A UK Lifestyle Blog. Design by FCD.